[TowerTalk] n4kg Simplified Strengthening of the Cushcraft 40-2CD file

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] n4kg Simplified Strengthening of the Cushcraft 40-2CD file
From: "jim.thom jim.thom@telus.net" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2021 10:12:48 -0700
From: Dave Sublette <k4to.dave@gmail.com>
To: Jorge Diez - CX6VM <cx6vm.jorge@gmail.com>
Cc: Tower Talk <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] n4kg Simplified Strengthening of the
        Cushcraft 40-2CD file

<N4KG is now an SK.     I had a pair of those antennas for 25 years or so.
<I had to slip an extra tube or two inside the tubing in the center of each
<element.  They did much better, mechanically, after that.  I don't don't
<know what Tom's method was, but it must have been something similar.
<Dave, K4TO

##  This is easily modeled using  DXE's   superb... yagi mechanical
software.  Then you can see the results from adding inner liners  etc, in
an instant.  It also works for booms.

Jim   VE7RF