[TowerTalk] Tower lighting idea.

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower lighting idea.
From: KD7JYK DM09 <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 15:59:10 -0700
I've seen/read about a lot of kluges/clusters for tower lighting. About 20 years ago, I modified an LED solar powered table lamp with a high intensity flashing LED, and mounted on top of my flagpole, just for kicks.

I also still receive a trade magazine for the boating industry, from an old project. In that is a company that advertises various safety, and marking lights, many of which are solar. The name of the company escapes me, and I don't have any mags laying around to figure it out.

A quick search on the web brought up some solar powered lighting ideas. Check these out for ideas of routes to take, and use the general descriptions of the products to find more that are similar, maybe better. For what they are, the price is certainly reasonable.

I came across these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254210139904

http://www.jack-win.com/sale-9574449-road-safety-white-abs-led-solar-beacon-traffic-warning-lights-60-flashes-min.html

https://www.globalsources.com/gsol/desktop/productExpired.do?category_id=3000000149681&catalog_id=2000000003844&query=Aviation%20obstruction&language=en

A general search for led solar traffic light. tower light, strobe, safety light, et cetera, should bring up many more, from cheapos to high quality.

Kurt