Re: [TowerTalk] TOWER LIGHTS

To: xaxaxaxa yayayaya <cqtestk4xs@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TOWER LIGHTS
From: Mickey Baker <fishflorida@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2021 10:22:21 -0400
As someone has already written, there are likely no FAA-type requirements
for lighting like there is in the US, so the basic requirement is that an
inspector look up and see a light.

I don't know how much even the FAA pays attention to lighting. Not too long
ago, runway lighting at W17 (Knightdale, NC) was a series of fruit jars
with light bulbs inside...

Here's a solar powered package, addresses the cable run issue.
https://www.larsonelectronics.com/product/49592/solar-powered-led-light-beacon-class-i-30-strobing-patterns-day-or-night-use

Otherwise, you could put together an appropriate solar panel, LiFePo
battery, charge controller, enclosure and a 12V beacon to comply. Be sure
to investigate charge controller noise - a nightmare scenario would be an
RF generating device on your tower!

73,

Mickey Baker, N4MB
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
*“The servant-leader is servant first… It begins with the natural feeling
that one wants to serve, to serve first. Then conscious choice brings one
to aspire to lead." Robert K. Greenleaf*