Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45G Pier Pin with Base Plate Insulator?

To: "'Jessy Blanchette'" <ve4jbb@gmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45G Pier Pin with Base Plate Insulator?
From: Jon Zaimes via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2021 00:04:48 -0400
Jessy,

There was an article years ago in QST or CQ using nylon insulation in
similar fashion.

I have a 119-ft Rohn 25 tower sitting on large ceramic insulators (photo
under the "antennas" tab on my website) as the driven element in a 160-meter
array. The tower also has held various VHF/UHF and HF yagis over the past 22
years. To isiolate the various feedlines, hardline and rotor cable from
ground, each is wound with about 75 turns on a 6-inch PVC form at the base.
Thanks W8JI for that idea.

73/Jon

Jon P. Zaimes, AA1K
Tower climber for hire
http://www.aa1k.us/
Cell: 302-632-2353

Reviews of AA1K tower work on eham website:
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/12922

Hug your favorite tower every day, and always stay connected to it.