[TowerTalk] XM-240 performance video

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] XM-240 performance video
From: VE6WZ_Steve <ve6wz@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 12:15:55 -0600
How does the XM-240 Yagi really perform across the full 40m band?

Today I uploaded a YouTube video where I use 4nec2 to model the XM-240 Yagi and
show the gain, F/B and SWR performance across the 40m band.

I explain why Cushcraft tuned the Yagi the way they did, and talk about the
limitations of this design.
Presented are some options for improving the full band performance, and the
limitations and benefits of any shortened 2 el Yagi is discussed.

https://youtu.be/VZ9esNGBP7Y <https://youtu.be/VZ9esNGBP7Y>

73, de steve, ve6wz