Re: [TowerTalk] Air Dummy Loads

To: tony.kaz@verizon.net, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Air Dummy Loads
From: KD7JYK DM09 <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 15:28:43 -0700
I bought an MFJ-264 years ago. The resistance was something like 20 some-odd Ohms (for some reason 17 Ohms just popped into my head, so maybe that was it), and there were various issues inside, missed solder joints, cold joints, burned joints, and solder bridges. It was total crap. Some may be better, some may be worse, but the one I bought was in this condition, new, from MFJ. Inside views of the Palstar model indicate one big load, this may prevent some issues as it's simple, so based on internal appearance alone, I'd go with that. I didn't see any inside pics of the Vectronics model, but it looks like an unpainted, and relabeled MFJ.

Kurt