[TowerTalk] Tower For Sale

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower For Sale
From: "Mike Ryan" <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2021 14:56:46 -0400
                                     40ft Crank-up/ Tilt over Tower For Sale
- Southwest Florida /Tampa Area

     Currently the tower is down and is on a boat trailer in east Bradenton.
It was recently painted a camo color to be less visible to neighbors.  Any
color could be painted over or left as is as well. The concrete and hole for
the base unit was 3ft deep by about 3ft wide. This appeared to be adequate
for this tower with the antenna combination that had been utilized.
(Cushcraft Tribander, a Cushcraft 13B2 two meter beam, and a discone.)
Previous owner indicated that he simply used bags of SAKRETE from Home Depot
for the base.

      This is a 'wonder post' style tower which tilts over, pivoting at
approximately the 5ft level. The tower (2 x 21ft sections)  pivots to
install or service your antennas.  Most definitely makes things safer than
climbing.  I have all the bolts, top plate, rotator plate, mast, and control
for the 'Harbor Freight' style DC electric lift motor. The lift cables
appear fine but could be replaced and can be had from a multitude of
sources.  This is a  nice medium size tower for someone. It is in good shape
but as I said, while it is down it is an ideal time to simply replace the
lift cable so why not (in my mind).  The base or lower of the 2 sections of
tower is approx. 13" on face (somewhat wider than Rohn 25g). Where the tower
is temporarily stored, there is installed a similar tower though a
significantly lighter gauge of tower, should someone want to see how these
work and what type of antennas can be used on them.  Asking price for the
tower (no antennas) is $500 or best offer.  Please contact me off list.
-Mike, K4CVL    mryan001@tampabay.rr.com