Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical question

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical question
From: Kirk Kleinschmidt via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2021 21:46:27 +0000 (UTC)
Not any VE, just the interesting ones, those on the frontier or, perhaps, those
in Zone 2. :)
All non-WKNA call signs benefit from a decent boost in antenna performance,
except during the ARRL DX contests, when rare states get the boost, especially
the obvious ones such as ND0ND, WY7WY, WV8WV, etc.
P5? Gotta be 40-50 dB, at least!
Regards,
--Kirk, NT0Z

My book, "Stealth Amateur Radio," is now available from www.stealthamateur.com
and on the Amazon Kindle (soon)

    On Tuesday, March 16, 2021, 4:17:38 PM CDT, Lux, Jim <jim@luxfamily.com>
wrote:

 On 3/16/21 1:39 PM, Kirk Kleinschmidt via TowerTalk wrote:
> Don't forget, Mike: Your VE9 call sign adds 10-20 dB to any antenna!  :)
> I once lived in North Dakota, experiencing the same boost in performance.
> then I moved to Minnesota -- 100 feet from North Dakota -- and I was sad.,..
>  :)
> Regards,
> --Kirk, NT0Z

if VE is worth 10-20 dB, what is P5 worth?