Re: [TowerTalk] Ham-IV rotator brake noise

To: Dave - W3NP <w3np@atlanticbb.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ham-IV rotator brake noise
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 22:09:50 -0600
When I lived in Longmont, CO, in a 1200 sq ft house with lots to match. I had
an HDBX-48 with a KLM KT-34A and a Cushcraft 40-CD2 all rotated by a T2X. I was
stunned that when I gave directions to service people I’d mention the tower,
yet they NEVER saw it until I pointed it out after they arrived. I pointed it
out to one guy who was amazed that he hadn’t seen it as he drove up, parked in
the driveway, and walked up to the house. I was far more sensitive to antennas
than any of my neighbors, mainly because I was always looking for them.

Don’t worry about it: they clearly simply don’t notice it, so count your lucky
stars!

Kim N5OP

"People that make music together cannot be enemies, at least as long as the
music lasts." -- Paul Hindemith