[TowerTalk] Common Mode RF choke on a 50 MHz yagi

To: kj6y--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Common Mode RF choke on a 50 MHz yagi
From: Dave Sublette <k4to.dave@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2020 15:25:58 -0400
I have built RF chokes for 7MHz using 31 mix ferrite cores and RG-400.  Now
I want to build one for my 50 MHz LFA.  I asked google which mix to use and
one of the responses had this statement:

"For RFI common mode suppression use, mix 31 is effective from 1-300 Mhz,
mix 43 works from 25-300 Mhz, Mix 61 is for 200-2000 Mhz, and mix 77
favors.1-50
MHz. These frequencies are those of the interfering signal to be
eliminated, not the operating frequencies of the equipment to be protected.
See Mix Selectionfor other applications."

I don't understand the second part of this statement.  Am I to use mix 31
for my 50 MHz LFA?

Thanks as always for your learned advice.

73,

Dave, K4TO