Re: [TowerTalk] Polygon Guy Rods

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Polygon Guy Rods
From: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2019 14:27:57 -0500
On 9/8/2019 14:17, Tim Duffy wrote:
Use qualified professionals to install your tower, accidents happen (several
this year already) and you do not want anything bad to happen to you or your
friends.

I hope others have better luck with that than I did. I hired a well-known local outfit, Wave Communication, to replace my Rohn 25 this spring. They sent two inexperienced guys to take it down, with no gin pole or tower jack. They had to use my bolt cutter to cut the guy wires. Then it took them a couple hours just to get the top section off. They didn't have a drill bit big enough for the pier pin. At least they were very expensive. They were supposed to come back in a week to put up the new tower. Six weeks later, I fired them and hired a local ham, with whom I put the tower up in a day.

73,

Scott K9MA

--
Scott  K9MA