Re: [TowerTalk] KF4BWG

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] KF4BWG
From: Wes <wes_n7ws@triconet.org>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2019 06:36:53 -0700
It's been 40+ years since I worked on the program but my recollection is that the wire on the TOW missile was under ten mils, including the insulation.

A story that I heard was that during the conceptual phase a search for vendors for the wire came up with only one, US Steel. When asked how long a continuous length they could draw the answer was, "Oh, we could probably make it in 50 foot lengths." Hughes said, "We need it in lengths over a mile!"

Wes  N7WS