Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: F-connectors

To: "'charlie carroll'" <k1xx@k1xx.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: F-connectors
From: "tony.kaz--- via TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2019 06:56:35 -0400
Hi Charlie,
Yeah, I know. But it will tell me if the old cable is still doing its job. I
checked the spec sheets for the cables listed below. Loss below is for 100'.
Commscope F660BEF RG6 (copper clad steel conductor. What I have been using)
5MHZ - .58db

Belden 1829BC RG6 (bare copper conductor)
5MHZ - .5db

Belden 8213 RG11 (bare copper conductor)
1MHZ - .2db
The other figure in their chart at 5MHZ doesn't make sense

Belden 8233 RG11 (bare copper conductor)
1MHZ - .14db
3.6MHZ - .3db
No 5MHZ figure.

I wouldn't think I could hear or really measure the difference for 1/4 wave
feedlines for my 80M elevated feed 4-sq.
By the way I had made up 3/4 wave feedlines so I can bury them to the Comtek
box. The 3/4 wave had a somewhat sharper curve for dumped power into the dummy
load.

73,
N2TK, Tony