Re: [TowerTalk] Slick New Toy

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Slick New Toy
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2018 13:55:05 -0500

The other "easy" approach is to use a BCB  high pass or band reject
filter on the output of the FA-VA5 and "calibrate it out."  That is
run the OSL calibration on the cable coming out of the highpass/band
reject filter.  One can do that with any VNWA that allows calibrating
at a "remote plane".

One might not want to juggle the VNWA and filter at the top of a
tower, but it is not a difficult issue at the base of a vertical.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV