[TowerTalk] RF on Tower

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RF on Tower
From: "Speer, Douglas via TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 20:34:04 +0000
I  have a phillystran guyed tower holding a Hy-Gain TH11DX and a Force 12 Delta
240 stack.  The stack is turned with a small prop pitch motor.  The TH11DX
utilizes a LPA driven element combined with passive reflector and director
elements.  The LPA driven elements are RF insulated from the boom but DC
grounded through a small choke located at the 10m end of the LPA (out of reach
from the tower).

Am I thinking correctly that I probably should NOT consider shunt feeding the
tower or feeding it as a half sloper for risk of damaging the small choke or
the prop pitch motor?  I would at times be running full legal limit to the
antennas.

Doug, W5WTX
Amarillo, TX