Re: [TowerTalk] T2X terminal strip connection

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] T2X terminal strip connection
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2018 20:07:47 -0400
I think that is a good way to wire things, assuming that all conductors are
the same size, as it is easy to remember years later or look up if it is not
already embedded in your brain. Besides it being the resistor color code
order, if you skip the black and brown, it is also the order of colors by
wavelengths, red having longest wavelength. A fun fact that I learned while
doing underwater photography in Bonaire earlier this year
http://www.qrz.com/db/pj4r is that longer wavelength colors are absorbed the
most under water making photos come out bluish.

Back to net...
John KK9A

From:   Chuck Dietz <w5prchuck@gmail.com>
Date:   Wed, 26 Sep 2018 09:10:32 -0500

I was told that the "standard" color code taught in the military was:
Black, Brown, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Violet, Gray, White.
However, as has been pointed out, I use the two heavy wires on the motor
leads.
There is a saying that was used to remember the order that I will give to
anyone that emails me.

Chuck W5PR