Re: [TowerTalk] Splicing Mast

To: towertalk@contesting.com, Shawn Donley <n3ae@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Splicing Mast
From: Fred Keen via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 03:26:14 +0000 (UTC)
0.125" wall is only 1/8",  I'd be a little concerned about the strength.
You may look at taking the existing 0.125 wall tube and using it for the top
section by finding a 0.250 wall tube or greater on the lower section. An insert
I think would be required at the joint, say 2-3' into each section. You may
have to sleeve the lower section for a firmer fit at the joint.

From your description, it doesn't IMHO appear to be all that big.
Fred KC5YN

    On Monday, March 19, 2018, 9:10:44 PM CDT, Shawn Donley <n3ae@comcast.net>