Re: [TowerTalk] Weather station on tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Weather station on tower
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2018 08:37:55 -0600
My weather station is RF linked to a couple indoor displays.  So far never noticed any problem with WX station causing interference or suffering from interference with a relatively nearby kilowatt energized antenna  covering 6, 10, 12, 15, 17, 20, 40, 80, and 160 meters.

I suppose if the WX station were really really close to an antenna there would be significant opportunity for problems. There is a standard mounting height for a "by the book" installation if you want to duplicate the weather service.

Good info for a typical residential installation is available lots of places... here is one.

https://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/installationguide.asp

Patrick        NJ5G