Re: [TowerTalk] Where Do I go?

To: "TowerTalk@contesting.com" <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Where Do I go?
From: Joe Rogers (陆捷思) <jerogersesq@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 19:01:06 +0000
Bill,

I can share my own experience which may or may not be applicable but may
somehow be analogous to what you might face.

I first identified the zoning category that my property was zoned.  Usually the
plot plan or subdivision plan will have that designation on it.  In my town,
there are usually only two or three residential zoning categories and each has
slightly different limitations.  They limited what can and cannot be
constructed and where. Towers are in some special category of structure and had
some very specific requirements in addition to those of placement (the "where"
I referred to).  In my case, the town said, if you meet the location (setback)
requirements for where it can be placed and it was no taller than a certain
height, then all you needed to do was to file a building permit and it would be
approved.

If I exceeded those requirements in the zoning regulations, then I would need
to apply to the zoning board of appeals and get a variance - which also meant
there would be a public meeting on my request.

Since I stayed within the rules, no problem.

Hope that helps!

Joe
AJ1Y