Re: [TowerTalk] Belden 9913F7 coax

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Belden 9913F7 coax
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 15:42:14 -0700
On Tue,4/25/2017 4:00 PM, Mark Spencer wrote:
Generic LMR400UF

LMR400UF is NOT generic, it has a detailed product spec and is made by only Times Microwave. There ARE other vendors who sell coax they claim is "LMR400 equivalent," but they are LYING!

My current "go-to" vendor for coax for use at HF is Davis RF. I use their BuryFlex for 50 ohms, and their RG11 when I need 75 ohms. I've measured both. The RG11 has the same specs as Belden 8213, which is about the best you can do for 75 ohm coax (other than hard line). Belden makes great cables, but their distributor relationships, and the associated markups, price them out of the market.

73, Jim K9YC