Re: [TowerTalk] Strange behavior

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Strange behavior
From: "David Robbins" <k1ttt@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 21:58:31 +0000
You can also work out what directions your guy wires point, or even what
bearing the sides of the tower are at, both of those are easy to use either
from the ground or while up the tower to align the antenna on the rotor.
Plot plans for your land or survey data for building permits for your house
should give you sufficiently accurate bearings in cases where you can't see
distant objects.  Remember, unless you are doing moon bounce you don't need
accuracy of much more than 10-20 degrees for most hf antennas.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net
AR-Cluster node: 145.69MHz or telnet://k1ttt.net:7373