[TowerTalk] noise profiles...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] noise profiles...
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2017 09:45:41 -0800
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 20:31:22 -0500
From: "StellarCAT" <rxdesign@ssvecnet.com>
To: "jimlux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] noise profiles...

Why would anyone spend so much more for electricity to 'save' on vegetables
from an indoor garden?!

Seems, to me, at least likely, only one reason why it is there...

Gary

##  pot sells for  $3K  a lb.   And these grow-op folks get 4 x crops per year.
Do the maths, huge $$ involved.   They grow pot up here by the dump truck
load...
then  trade it lb for lb,  straight across to  the the americans...for cocaine.

##  we had cases of legal grow-ops,  fed govt  licensed to produce.... X  lbs
per year, that
got busted for producing  20 X  per year.   Power company + cops busted a guy
on the other
side of town here, where the pole pigs are really small, like 25 kva.   He was
sucking 20 kva,
and as typ, they oversize the HV fuses, and also use slo-blo types.  3 pole
pigs have caught fire,
when those things flame on, look out,  flaming oil  dropping down onto the
ground.

##  a friend 6 blocks from me has a 50 kva  xfmr on the pole across the street.
 It was buzzing so
loud you could hear it from 200’  away.  It got replaced.  Everybody on that
street uses natural gas.
Toss in led lights, and power consumption should be minimal.   Wait til
everybody jumps on the
100%  electric car bandwagon.  Then the entire grid will be beyond maxed out.

##  with  10 db over S9  noise  24/7  on 160m, I can see where 160m is gonna be
relegated
back to the Loran days of long ago.   Huge chunks if not the entire band wiped
out.   A dedicated
RX array does not work too well, when say its pointed at ZL land... and is also
pointed at a noise source,
like a grow-op.   Even the devices with the  noise sense ant will only null out
one noise source at a time.
If you are surrounded by multiple noise sources, then what ?   The little guy
on the city lot doesnt have
many options left, perhaps use a remote internet RX, but with latency, wont
work anyway.

Jim   VE7RF