To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 166, Issue 29
From: Bill via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 14:19:49 -0400
Gary

Pretty close to weight...850#.

Tie through the tower...where the zig zag cross bracing meets the vertical.  Do
NOT hook just around the rungs.

I'd hook it at around the top since the balance point is going to be below the
ring, but close enough to the ring that it might rub against the ring.

The only wild time will be when the tower actually leaves the ground...it will
want to "walk" over to where the cable is coming down from the crane.  Try top
keep the bottom of the tower right below the apex of the crane's boom when the
tower becomes 'airborn".  That should help.

I lifted 130 ft of 65 with two rings on it.  I can tell you 2000# of tower can
be a handful if you don't it right.

73  Bill K4XS/KH7XS

Another question: so I have this 60? long section of R55 with a rotating ring
at the 48? point which will have guys hanging down from it ... the weight is
probably around 850#. The tower is laying with the top closest to where the
crane will be set up (probably 50? away from its nearest end) and the tower
going away from the crane.

How do I ?strap? this for the crane to lift it?

I?m concerned that the rungs are not strong enough ? their welds ? to strap
around them ... do I somehow wrap around the legs using three straps all going
up to the hook?

Gary
K9RX