Re: [TowerTalk] Beverage Antenna

To: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Beverage Antenna
From: Chuck Dietz <w5prchuck@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2015 17:56:45 -0600
The noise is mostly locally produced, therefore the lower the antenna, the
less noise pickup.  The distant signal is coming from a slightly higher
angle and, while it will be a smaller amplitude for a lower antenna (less
efficient), it will be proportionally higher than the noise. In other
words, lowering the antenna will lower the noise more than the desired
signal.  The theory behind the operation of the Beverage antenna includes
wave bending which is over my pay grade. (and not entirely believable to
me.)

Chuck W5PR