Re: [TowerTalk] FW: Tuner SWR won't stay down

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] FW: Tuner SWR won't stay down
From: Tom Osborne <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2015 16:46:03 -0800
i Kelly

Figured it out and got it fixed. It was the cap. Not sure which one yet as I took them both out and replaced them with a couple caps from a homebrew tuner I had. Loaded 500 watts into it and was steady for about 30 seconds or so. Before after about 5 seconds the SWR would start to climb.

One thing I did notice when I took the caps out was that one of them turned a whole lot easier than the other one did. I'm thinking maybe that set screw at the end of the cap may need tightening. There's a lock nut that holds the screw so may loosen that and tighten up the drag a bit and see it that don't help. 73
Tom W7WHY