[TowerTalk] website overload

To: "reflector -tower" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] website overload
From: "David Robbins" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 15:34:36 +0000
Sorry, my website seems to be overloaded.  here is the text and just the
link to the smaller version of the image.  If you want to see the rest of
the blog try again later:

12/14 Now here is something you don't see every day... And I should know, I
look at antennas virtually every day. This is a closeup of the VHF stack at
150'. Now remember, this ice accumulated last Tuesday, this is Sunday
morning. Yesterday the sun came out for a few hours, probably enough to just
warm the aluminum up and break the connection between the boom and ice. Then
last night the temperature started rising and is up to 29f around dawn when
I took this picture. There must have been some gusty winds over night as it
finally broke the anemometer spinner free, it must have also broken this
piece of ice free from the boom of the 6m antenna and slid it part way out
on the elements forming a bridge between the driven element and reflector.
Notice the other ice all on the right sides of the tower and antennas, that
direction is to the East, when the ice was accumulating Tuesday there was a
fairly constant breeze from the east causing the ice to pileup on that side
of everything.

http://www.k1ttt.net/images/2014_dec_9_ice_bridge%20(Small).JPG

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail:  <mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net> mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web:  <http://wiki.k1ttt.net/> http://wiki.k1ttt.net
AR-Cluster node: 145.69MHz or  <telnet://k1ttt.net/> telnet://k1ttt.net