Re: [TowerTalk] HF Winch

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HF Winch
From: Mike Reublin NF4L <nf4l@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 11:18:09 -0500
Thanks Wilson,

And that's why I'm asking questions here. There are a lot of very helpful
people here much more knowledgable than I am on the subject.

It's not so complicated. A drawing would show a horizontal line (the tower), a
vertical line (the raising post) and a couple of lines between them (cables).
The adequacy of the post and it's installation in not in question, only the
winch capacity and it's power requirements. I'm curious as to why the position
of the winch on the post is pertinent?

The dimensions are in an earlier post, and Jim has kindly provided the formula
for calculating the forces involved. Unfortunately, the winch isn't up to the
job, and I'm now thinking an AC operated one.

Neat shack BTW. Bet the glow warms both body and heart.

Mike NF4L