[TowerTalk] Fwd: Digging a 5'x5'x7' hole in sandy soil

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Digging a 5'x5'x7' hole in sandy soil
From: Greg <ab7r@cablespeed.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 18:54:00 -0700
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Digging a 5'x5'x7' hole in sandy soil
To: n0tt1@juno.com

I have similar concerns.  I dug a 3x3x5 hole for an MA40 for just a 6M
yagi.  Pretty much normal soil for the first 3-3 1/2 feed then it got a bit
on the sandy side and it seems to stay on the damp side even when the wx is
dry out.  The hole down at the sandy level does not cave in on itself as
previously mentioned but it is pretty easy to dig out....not like clay.

I have not poured the concrete yet and wondering if I should.

73
Greg
AB7R