[TowerTalk] Rotor EZ fix

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotor EZ fix
From: Lou Dietrich <n2tu@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 11:27:46 -0700 (PDT)
All,

A few weeks ago, I had a near miss with lightning. It took out my Yaesu rotor
DXA card, along with other electronics in the house.

The troubleshooting section on the Idiom Press website is fairly easy to
follow...and can pinpoint the problem quickly.

After contacting Rob at Idiom, we (he, mostly!) determined that the MAX232 chip
went south...and took the voltage regulator chip with it. Rob ordered me the
replacement parts and I was back up within a week. Super customer service!

There are substantial differences between rotor control boards, so I don't know
if that will be your problem. You may want to do some  straightforward
troubleshooting first and then contact Rob.

73/ Good Luck...

Lou N2TU