[TowerTalk] winch adapter

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] winch adapter
From: Wayne Crawford <resopkr@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 17:44:44 -0400 (EDT)

 Thanks for the info. John. I'm glad I made the right choice.

73

Wayne C.

Message: 7
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 14:37:40 -0700
From: John Ammeter <jammeter@cablespeed.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] winch adapter
To: towertalk@contesting.com

I have the TX472 and have been using a Milwaukee Hole Hawg to raise and
lower it for a couple years now.  I replaced the winch with a worm gear
style winch to avoid the potential problem of damaging the brake on the
Fulton Winch.  I raise the tower on low speed and lower it either on low
or high speed...  The drill easily  handles the torque.  I merely hold
the grip in my right hand and the weight of the drill is almost
sufficient to keep it in that position.  If the tower starts to bind I
can easily feel it and let off on the trigger instantly.

John
KE7JA