Re: [TowerTalk] 1980s Cushcraft A4

To: mikflathead@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 1980s Cushcraft A4
From: Jack Brindle <jackbrindle@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 09:19:02 -0800
Jim is probably right on this one. The A3, like the A3S, used a light green
fiberglass tube as the center insulator. It had holes for the boom mount U-blot
and for bolts to secure the driven element aluminum tubes. The feed line was
attached to one set of the aluminum mounting bolts (one on each side).

The manual is almost identical to the A3S manual, with slight differences in
the element lengths. The A3S lengths work quite well with the A3, so that is
actually the preferred manual. If this actually is an old A3, you can download
the A3S manual from the MFJ/Cushcraft web site.

Jack Brindle, W6FB