Re: [TowerTalk] KT34XA

To: Tony Brock-Fisher <barockteer@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] KT34XA
From: Ed Haggerty <himself@edhaggerty.com>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 17:17:38 -0400
Tony

Thank you very much, the second attachment is exactly what I was looking for.

As for the M2 upgrade, I am trying to avoid that cost.  So please send the tip
you were talking about.

I have the 6 pdf from M2's website already.  But if you have any other
documentation on the KT-34XA, I would appreciate seeing it.

Again ... thank you

On 22 May, 2010, at 1:50 PM, Tony Brock-Fisher wrote:

> Ed-
>
> Attached are some old drawings I have that show which pieces work on which
> bands. I've been a fan of this antenna for many years, having had one or more
> up in the air since 1987. I currently have an M2 version, the KT-36XA.
> Despite what 'The Tribander Report' says (they had a bad one) it outperforms
> almost any 3-band interlaced beam on the market. As for restoration, I
> wouldn't worry about the cosmetics; just make sure all the plastic and
> fiberglass pieces are replaced, and make sure you get good solid connections
> at the joints. The M2 upgrade is an excellent idea if you can afford it. If
> not, email me and I'll send you some tips on increasing reliability on the
> KLM hardware.
>
> -Tony, K1KP
> <kt-34xa ad.jpg><kt-34 ad.jpg>

73's