Re: [TowerTalk] 20m yagi with dual-driven element

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 20m yagi with dual-driven element
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 17:33:14 -0800
Stein Roar Brobakken wrote:

Do not confuse the dual driven element on KLM antennas
with a 2 element ZL-special type beam.  The KLM
dual driven element does not provide any significant
gain over a single element and is more closely related
to the LPDA.

The CAL-AV is a very well designed antenna, but it
will not teach you anything about designing KLM style
Yagi's.

Rick N6RK