[TowerTalk] Fwd: Aluminum tower oxidation removal.

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Aluminum tower oxidation removal.
From: hanslg@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 11:36:19 -0400
Hi Tim,

Personally I think you should leave the oxidation alone as long as it doesn't
block anything or make it impossible to assemble the tower.

You always have a oxide layer on aluminum. That's what makes it resistant to
corrosion. I
?
would definitely not recommend any treatment with acid as (my experience) you
never can fully remove the recidues from the acid and will run the risk of
harmful oxidation after that. Absolutely stay away from hydroflouric acid. That
(again my experience. Had a hydroflouric?acid burn that lasted for months.) is
very hard to remove.

73 de Hans, N2JFS