Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical with no radial wires

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical with no radial wires
From: Michael Germino <ad6aa@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 06:05:57 -0700 (PDT)
I have a Butternut vertical that I use with their counterpoise kit.  About a 5'
foot square loop of wire held out with two poles that are crossed. I have it on
a short pole clamped to a AC unit.  You said a rubber roof.  Is it metal
underneath?  If so it would make a good counterpoise.  If you can not connect
to it direct.  A small screen under the antenna may be all you need to couple
to it.

A analyzer would make the butternut much easier to tune.  It was a lot of trips
up and down the ladder when I setup my Butternut Vertical

Mike 73, AD6AA