Re: [TowerTalk] Detuning booms?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Detuning booms?
From: Michael Dinkelman <mwdink@eskimo.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 21:43:36 -0700
Hi Peter

I was envisioning a T-match or Delta match
type arrangement where I reach out as far as possible
on the boom on either side of the driven element and
using a coil of coax for a capacitor. Then again, if
I am using coax for the cap (which is unbalanced),
maybe a gamma match arrangement would be easier and work as well?
Not sure if actual physical form matters when you're trying to mess up
resonance versus achieve it. :>) I could use a variable cap
temporarily to determine a good capacitance value before
using the coax.

chees
dink, n7wa