Re: [TowerTalk] (no subject) Vertical Antenna Instead of Tower Decision.

To: "Tower Talk" <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] (no subject) Vertical Antenna Instead of Tower Decision....
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 09:10:20 -0700
On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 03:15:06 -0400, Richards wrote:

>So, in the mean time I am considering putting up a vertical
>antenna of some sort.

I agree with Frank that no vertical is going to be that great on the
higher bands, but a vertical with a lot of radials COULD make you
happy on 80 and 160 if those bands are important to you. We've
talked in the past about a top-loaded Tee or inverted L. If I had
your QTH, I'd launch something into those trees and put some radials
under it, even if it had to be fairly small wire that was invisible.

Also, since the roof of the house is the highest spot on your
property, I'd strongly consider a Glenn Martin on the roof with a
SteppIR beam (partly because it's the lightest thing that's really
good).

BTW -- your photos would be a lot better if you brightened them.
They're awfully dark, so it's hard to see much.

73,

Jim K9YC