Re: [TowerTalk] 2 HAMS died in Kansas City - Common Sense

To: ai4wm@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 2 HAMS died in Kansas City - Common Sense
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 03:34:13 -0400
My local ham friends made fun of me when I hired an electrician
to run a second 110 v and also a separate 220 v line to my new
shack in my new house.   They said I should save the $250 and
put them in myself.  Easy... no problem...

Bill and Bob and the others who have told stories about the
dangers of electrical current ALL UNDERSTAND why I paid
someone else to poke around in the circuit breaker box.

I am even hesitant to plug in my mew amp, which just arrived,
until I  have my new circuits tested by one of those little tester
devices  (I have one for 110 v but not for 220 v) and am sure it
is all proper before running the new amp.

Paranoid ??  -- YOU BET !  But I plan to be a ham for a very
long time and I respect the high voltages that re in the equipment
and (as many hams seem to forget) which form on various points
along our antennas.