[TowerTalk] fold over towers

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] fold over towers
From: "W5LT" <W5LT@tx.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 18:06:53 -0500
I am showing my age, Steve.  The RS stds became TIA standards quite some
time back, but old habits are hard to break.

I was using it in reference to wind loadings, not structural design details.
The UBC wind load methodology results in somewhat higher loads than those of
the TIA-222 standard of the same vintage.

I have all of the engineering design calculations that were used in the new
vintage Heights tower series, as well as the fold-over design mechanism that
I did for them, and I can assure you the thing meets the wind loads for a
70mph wind zone with significant margins.

The entire structure has been reviewed and stamped off by a reputable local
PE.

73s

Bob. W5LT