Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Re: Swinging Link Antenna Tuner Not Working

To: "Commander John" <crazytvjohn@yahoo.com>,<TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Re: Swinging Link Antenna Tuner Not Working
From: "Barrie Smith" <barrie@centric.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 20:49:41 -0600
>  The 1952 handbook has a real nice unit.  Swinging link is old stuff and
> obsolete.

Well, so must I be, since I use both the swinging-link and the series cap.

Actually, on certain portions of the 75M band, with my HB unit, I find it
easier to tune-up by slightly decoupling the link.  On 40M and 160M, I'm
tightly coupled.

Probably a feedline length issue.

Interesting that the fellow that started this thread said his feedline was
multiples of a quarter wavelength.  On what band?  Electrical feedline
length will change within a band.

73, Barrie, W7ALW