[TowerTalk] Question re CATS RD-1800 v.2 Rotor

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Question re CATS RD-1800 v.2 Rotor
From: "James C. Garland" <4cx250b@muohio.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 18:30:42 -0600
Gng,

Today, I tried to wire up the connectors for my CATS RD-1800 ver.2 rotor and
DPU-1800-d  control unit, but can't find my manual. I'd really appreciate it
if somebody could email me the pinout for the connectors. I'm particularly
curious about the ground connection at each end of the cable.

The rotor end of the cable is terminated in a nine pin AMP connector, and an
eight pin Cinch Jones connector is at the controller end of the cable.  I
found some old scribbled notes which I _think_ suggest that pins 1-7 on one
connector go  to pins 1-7 on the other connector, but that that pin 9 on the
AMP connector goes to pin 8 on the Cinch Jones connector. I haven't any idea
what the function of each wire is.

Although I'm using an 8 conductor cable, I believe only 6 wires are actually
used, but I don't know which six. Also, I don't know which pins I should use
for the two heavier wires in the cable.

One other thought: I _think_ the pinout for v.2 of the RD-1800 may be
different from v.1.

Tnx and 73,

Jim W8ZR

Jim Garland W8ZR