Re: [TowerTalk] Aluminum Masts

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Aluminum Masts
From: WB4UNA@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 14:03:27 EST

I have been using aluminum mast for along time. I have  to say I have bent a
couple but that was all my fault for over loading  them. I run the hazer on
both my towers. The hf tower the mast sticks out  18' out the top. I have a
th7,a3ws,and a d40 on the mast. On the vhf/uhf  tower I have a 617b2,17b2,klm
31'
for 222 and a 30' boom on 432 . This is  all on 20' of mast. It has 18' out
the top of the hazer also.
I have bent a couple of mast due to the  load. I am using #80 6061 .25" wall
stuff. I am going to install two more  towers and will use the same mast on
them because they are light weight .  I have a supplier here close to me. I
have
also sold many to hams   and they also have been pleased with them. They come
in 20'  sticks.

Randy

WB4UNA since 1970
Carlus M. Randy  Chavis