Re: [TowerTalk] (no subject)

To: "towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] (no subject)
From: "K8RI on TowerTalk" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 14:30:50 -0400
The fencing material I've seen was very good. Yes, it had a welded seam but
so does structural steel tubing which is what I'm using.  There *might* be a
difference in quality control between the structural steel and fencing, but
the fencing is strong.  I use it for my gin pole and have put some
tremendous side loads on it bending the 16' gin pole nearly 3' out of line
and it just springs back. It certainly was far stronger and could be bent
farther than pipe without taking a set.

No, I'd not want to use it up on top, but the stuff I've used here for
various purposes was very strong and of high  quality.  It is springy which
is why I'd not want to use it up on top.<:-))  So *apparently* the quality
may vary quite a bit.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com (Use return address from home page)