Re: [TowerTalk] ground radials and railroad tracks

To: "Richard W. Harris" <Richard_Harris@byu.edu>,towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ground radials and railroad tracks
From: Bill Jackson <k9rz@radiks.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 15:27:41 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
Richard,

Regardless of who own's the right of way, the railroad track is still the
property of the railroad.  Attaching anything to the track is a violation of
Federal Law, not to mention it can cause havoc with railroad signalling
systems.  In the post 9/11 era, you would be lucky if all you got was a letter
from the railroad's legal department.  The railroad industry takes tamporing
with their equipment very seriously.

My advice to everyone is to steer clear of railroad property.

73 de Bill, K9RZ
Telecommuncations Engineer
Union Pacific Railroad