[TowerTalk] antenna rotators

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] antenna rotators
From: "Richard Vincent" <richard_206@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 04:29:22 -0700
     Greetings:
       This is Richard Vincent, formerly KR7R of Seattle and now HS0ZFQ in
Northern Thailand retired.My question is about a rotator suitable for a
Lightning Bolt two element quad. I had one in Seattle just above the house
in Ballard, using a Hy-Gain rotator. I am starting from scratch here and am
wondering if the Alliance HDR-t3 will suffice. The quad has a 6.1 square
foot area and I do not know if that is wind load or not. I will put it up
about 30-35 feet although we are allowed towers up to 60 meters.I am also
wondering if there is a list that has the dimensions of antenna rotators so
I can figure out if it is small enough to fit inside one of the triangular
communications towers that they sell over here. Any help on info will be
highly appreciated.
     Yours Truly:
     Richard Vincent
     HS0ZFQ