[TowerTalk] Not so good news in Ocala,Florida

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Not so good news in Ocala,Florida
From: Bob W5RG <w5rg@swbell.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 12:47:54 -0800 (PST)
Well..I may have a battle on my hands in Marion county, FL..Somehow the hams
there let a tower ordinance be passed where 50 ft is as high as you can go
without a permit..Get a special permit..the site inspected..have two town
meetings and hope you get to put it up higher..now you can put up as many 50 ft
towers as you want..but not over 50 ft.
 I was told what I could do is get a 50 ft tower up..then get a building permit
to raise it higher..I will find out..73s Bob