Re: [TowerTalk] hi-pwr balun for tri-band quad available anywhere?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] hi-pwr balun for tri-band quad available anywhere?
From: VR2BrettGraham <vr2bg@harts.org.hk>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 02:49:03 +0000
K7VS asked:

>Does anyone know of a high power balun for tri band quad that will
>match or
>be somewhere in the ballpark to match the three different impedences
>for
>10/15/20 meters?

As in feeding the three loops simultaneously?  If so, not much point
doing so as the pattern will be mucked up with the parallel drivers.

I have opted for RG303 & beads for choking the feeders on a 2-el
5-band LBQ here.  The 12 & 17m drivers are in parallel with the
15m driver, but unlike paralleling 10/15/20, the pattern looks good
(was able to get good QTF on a radar intruder we're chasing in
Asia-Pacific on 12m - good, symmetrical nulls off the main lobe &
pretty clean looking F/R).

If you are not paralleling the drivers, then hit delete.  ;^)

73, 9M6BrettGraham