Re: ***WARNING**** DISHONEST SELLERK4IDC/KB4IDC :[TowerTalk]LargeMast Fo

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: ***WARNING**** DISHONEST SELLERK4IDC/KB4IDC :[TowerTalk]LargeMast For Sa...
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 19:53:29 EST
I don't want to get in the middle of this....just gonna give a couple of
suggestions.

As some of you may know I buy and sell Rohn stuff.

When in doubt, ASK....is it the genuine thing and what is the condition?  On
the other hand, people who advertise, be sure to be on the level when
advertising.

If you are the buyer, ask for pics. If you are the seller, offer pics.  The
less room there is for subjective interpretation, the less chance there is for
misunderstanding.  A couple of digital pics could have prevented the
disagreement from happening.  Phone calls are free after 9 PM if you have a
cell phone.
 Call the guy before you buy and make sure you two are on the same page.
Communication is the key.

The above won't stop outright fraud, but it can make transactions take place
without animosity.  I've done a couple hundred deals on the Internet with ham
radio stuff, mostly towers and such, and have never been burned.  And to my
knowledge, I've never had an unhappy buyer.

Again, not taking sides.  I know both the guys in this matter and it is
troubling to see two guys you know slugging it out.  I hope my suggestions are
useful to some in making Internet deals.

Bill K4XS