[TowerTalk] Emoto 1300SMAX Rotor

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Emoto 1300SMAX Rotor
From: "Brad Pioveson W9FX" <w9fx@neondsl.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 19:49:02 -0600
Greetings, fellow TowerTalkians. I have an Emoto 1300SMAX rotor and controller on my bench for repairs for unknown maladies ('it doesn't work'). Info on this rotor is a bit sparse - I have what purports to be a photocopy of a manual, but, that sadly lacks much needed info.

Anybody have any doc's on these critters? Anybody know of a parts distributor? Or, does anybody simply have any experience with these they'd be willing to share? So far, I know that the grease in this monster is the consistency of 5 minute epoxy after 10 minutes of UV exposure and that there's a motor run cap buried in the motor housing that is shot. The AC motor, which wants to see about 100VAC, couldn't begin to turn the gears...there's simply not enough torque to break the grease adhesion!

Thanks for any help y'all can offer.

73

Brad Pioveson, W9FX
FX Rotor Works