[Towertalk] towertalk@contesting.com <towertalk@contesting.com>

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] towertalk@contesting.com <towertalk@contesting.com>
From: GEORGE PRITCHARD <ab2kc@optonline.net> (GEORGE PRITCHARD)
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 20:28:07 -0500
Short Story: I have a nice older gent that lives at the next plot, back =
of my yard. He asked my next door neighbor "JIM", if would be so kind to =
repair the fence that the old man could see falling apart. Jim said: " =
YOU FIX WHAT'S ON YOUR SIDE OF THE FENCE, AND I'LL FIX WHAT'S ON MY =
SIDE". The older gent is a friend of mine (Sonny), and was he was =
shocked by Jim's response. Sonny also told me that Jim was the one who =
tried to stop me from getting a varience for my apartment "add-on", and =
wanted all the neighbors to "band against me". I was not even hamming =
the air at the time! Well since then I became Ham active and then one =
day... Jim ran up to me and screemed at me about TVI, Phone and other =
part 15 crap during July when I cutting the grass. I told him that I was =
not responsible for his unlicensed junk, and that he could call anyone =
he wished. Since that episode, I put up a a 50 foot crank-up with a full =
size three element quad for 20/10 and 10M. It's huge. No permit is =
required for my town up to 50 feet for licensed amateur radio operators. =
 He can 'FIX WHAT'S ON HIS SIDE OF THE FENCE!" He hasn't said a word =
since, and I use a QRO plate modulated AM rig. To hell with the =
"problem" neighbor... Just do it legally, and give free phone filters =
and cable filters to the 4 houses on all sides as I did, along with FCC =
info on what to do if there are any problems (mailed to Jim). I talk =
when I want with no phone calls. Fences make the best neighbors! They =
don't pay my bills or teach my kids anything worthy, so they can listen =
if they don't install the filters. The Quad is beautifl sight!
George AB2KC

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---